Internet Explorer SettingsInternet Explorer (IE) is still available in Windows 10 alongside the Edge browser. Some websites may display better in Internet Explorer. Here’s how to setup and use IE on your Surface Book 2.
Run Internet Explorer (IE)
- Type “Internet Explorer” in the Cortana/Search box.
- To pin it to the taskbar, right-click the taskbar, select Pin to taskbar. You can always unpin it at any time.
Customize Internet Explorer Settings
- Open Internet Explorer (IE) from your Start menu or taskbar.
- Tap, click or use Surface Pen to select the Settings icon. Click “Internet options.”
- From the General tab, select how you want IE to start up, change how tabs are displayed, clear your browsing history, and change the appearance of text, languages and fonts within the browser, or change accessibility settings.
- There are a number of options available in the Tabbed Browsing Settings window when you click Tabs.
- From the security tab, you can change the security level for the internet, local intranet, trusted sites and restricted sites. You should only change these settings if you are sure you need to.
- From the privacy tab, use the check boxes to select your privacy preferences and configure the Pop-up blocker.